PCOS Treatment Success
PCOS Treatment – Is It Possible To Reverse PCOS Naturally?
Getting PCOS treatment early on is vital to a woman’s success with the disorder. PCOS, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, is a serious threat to women’s health. This is especially true when the condition is left untreated for a long period of time. It can hit women at almost any age range– from teenagers to middle aged, and the severity of its devastation can vary wildly from one woman to the next. PCOS does not discriminate, and therefore must be taken very seriously. Therefore there are numerous treatments for PCOS available. The PCOS treatment you choose depends on a number of different variables– from age, to health status and everything in between.
It greatly helps when you are afflicted with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome; to understand exactly what this condition is all about, as well as what effects it may have on your body, and how long you can expect to be fighting this issue. PCOS is also known under the name Stein-Leventhal Syndrome, and it is a hormonal imbalance which typically results in the growth of tiny sacs, filled with fluid, what we know as cysts, to form around one’s ovaries.
Polycystic ovary syndrome can reveal itself with an array of symptoms like acne, abnormal growth of hair (Hirsutism), hair loss (male pattern baldness), irregular menstruation, infertility, prolonged PMS, depression and sleeping disorders. As stated before, this condition can affect a wide range of people, though typically it will not strike until a woman has hit puberty.
PCOS most commonly affects females that are in the height of their childbearing years, on average between the ages of twenty and forty– as many as 5% to 10% of all women in this age bracket suffer from this disease and must seek PCOS treatment…and this numbers are growing. This unfortunate trend has made PCOS treatment a huge priority in the western healthcare industry. If you suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome you thankfully have a great many options for finding the appropriate PCOS treatment that fits your specific needs.
The first, and most important step in your journey is to find a certified and experienced physician, and secure regular consultation. Make sure he or she is someone you can get along well with, and someone you can trust. Only an accurate and professional diagnosis will determine the correct PCOS treatment options for you. Keep in mind that this condition is serious, and the symptoms of pcos, severity and other variables can be as different as night and day with each and every patient. Therefore, you absolutely have to figure out which PCOS treatment plan will deliver the best possible results. One should never play around with their health, and this is especially true when considering PCOS treatments!
PCOS Treatment And Weight Loss
In many, many cases, PCOS therapy can begin as simply as the patient being asked to lose some weight. Exercise and weight loss have been a tried and true method used to combat and even eliminate many of the symptoms of PCOS. It will probably be the first thing your doctor prescribes for the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome. This has a lot to do with the hormonal shifts that occur when you gain extra weight. This means that someone who is only slightly overweight will most likely show less sever signs of PCOS whereas a morbidly obese patient will suffer significantly more. This is caused, in part, by the over-production of hormones such as androgens (hyperandrogenism) which are produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands and fat cells. The primary goal in any PCOS treatment is to get these hormones back in balance!
In the last few decades there has been a connection between polycystic ovarian disease and insulin resistance. The fact that obesity and insulin resistance are also closely related is another reason why pcos and weight loss is critically important. Achieving healthy weight loss as a natural PCOS treatment can help a great deal in these cases and will prevent other complications like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease!
Need help kick-starting your PCOS weight loss journey? I started with these 3 easy exercises which helped me with my overall treatment of PCOS
- Walking - That’s right start your PCOS treatment with something simple like walking. Walking at a fast pace will raise your heart rate, improve your circulation and burn fat! Not to mention, exercise helps release endorphins which are natural occurring hormones that make you feel good and have a euphoric affect which can help with pcos symptoms like depression. You can eventually try advancing to jogging which should get you even better results…So grab a friend and start walking!
- Yoga – There is an infinite list of good things to say about Yoga and how it can help with weight loss and PCOS. Yoga is not only good for increasing flexibility, it tones muscles, burns fat and improves your concentration making you focus on the task at hand. Remember, weight loss is essential in controlling Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Yoga is a great way to take control and do just that!
- Tai Chi – You may at first feel silly as a woman taking Tai Chi…believe me I did! But the truth is Tai Chi is used to help with an array of disorders and illnesses because of its ability to calm and the effects it has on overall mental well-being. Try to understand that treating PCOS isn’t about popping a pill to make it go away…not to mention one doesn’t exist! PCOS treatment is about restoring the body’s natural hormone balance and get it functioning the way it was intended to. Tai Chi’s focus is on the mind and body with the theory that what the body does the mind will follow. Since stress can have a significant negative effect on the body’s ability to heal itself, Tai Chi is a great way to help you relax and eliminate stress which in turn will help your body heal itself naturally.
These are 3 easy exercise steps that can have significant effects on the success of your PCOS treatment. Give them a try and see how you feel!
PCOS Treatment Through Proper Diet
Many other lifestyle changes may turn out to be effective healing treatments for PCOS. Dramatically changing certain aspects of your eating routines and overall diet, such as increasing your protein intake with healthy lean meats, turkey and fish to lowering your cholesterol or sugar intake can have drastic results during your PCOS treatment. If you combine this with frequent and regular exercise you will almost guarantee yourself results!
4 powerful herbs that helped me with my PCOS diet….
- Tribulis – This potent pcos herb has been known to help with irregular menstruation and ovulation.
- Gymnena – Another powerful natural pcos treatment herb that helps stave off sugar and carb cravings as well as reducing insulin resistance. Gymnena is a great herb to add to your PCOS diet and can help with your overall weight loss goals.
- Licorice – Probably one of the more popular pcos herbs is licorice. Licorice has been known to help with reversing hormone imbalances which ultimately reduces the amount of androgens in the process.
- Saw Palmetto – Another anti-androgen herb, saw palmetto is commonly used to treat pcos naturally in women because it can help with acne and Hirsutism (hair on chin or upper lip). It has also been reported to increase breast size in women, which is why it has become a popular supplement for women who want to increase breast size naturally. Don’t worry, it doesn’t always have that effect!
By implementing these PCOS herbs in your diet, it is possible to start seeing positive results with your PCOS therapy.
Warning! Always check with your primary care doctor before incorporating herbs and supplements into your overall PCOS treatment plan to make sure they are safe and won’t negatively interact with birth control pills or other meds!
Conventional PCOS Treatment – Medicine
Often even the most ardent efforts to change your diet and lifestyle will still not be enough to fully treat PCOS, and that’s where medication comes into play. There is a place for both non-conventional (alternative) and conventional medications like birth control and Metformin as PCOS treatment. There are numerous other medications for women who suffer from PCOS and still desire a normal life, which of course all women do.
Women who plan on trying to get pregnant, despite PCOS will need to take a different course of action than a woman who wants the opposite. In fact, birth control itself can often be a great PCOS treatment, but obviously the pill and other hormonal options aren’t for everyone. Women who want to take fertility treatments are especially vulnerable to PCOS symptoms and may need a radical treatment plan. For these women the only option may be alternative and holistic methods such as herbal supplements, vitamins or acupuncture.
PCOS Treatment With Surgery
The most drastic but often effective PCOS treatment is usually surgery known as ovarian drilling. This is normally only considered for the most extreme cases, such as malignant cysts or benign cysts that are growing at an accelerated pace, which may interfere with a woman’s bodily functions. Occasionally these cysts can grow so large that they may block one’s bowels or urinary tract, or even impede on blood circulation, which could lead to heart attack or stroke!
These surgical treatments, as stated before, are incredibly accurate and effective, and can often leave the patient’s body free from PCOS and its symptoms for many years, but there is always a chance of the disorder returning. During this procedure, which can vary from case to case, the surgeon will literally scoop out the growths affecting the ovary or ovaries. Your physician will specifically look for the most severe and deformed cysts. Often these cysts can grow incredibly large and become twisted. He or she then removes as many cysts as they can before closing you up so you can recuperate. Depending on the type of surgery your downtime could be as short as a few days and as long as six weeks.
Surgery is of course the last resort, when nothing else has worked, or cancerous cysts are threatening your life. Fortunately these cases are rare, and typically less intense PCOS treatments will suffice. Talk to a reputed doctor about which treatments are best for you, RESEARCH online. You’ll get to know a lot about PCOS when you visit reputed sites devoted to PCOS treatment or symptoms. Gather as much information as possible, knowledge is power!
Effective Naturopathic PCOS Treatment Alternatives
More and more people are seeking naturopathic healing methods for all forms of illness. This is partially due to the increased risks, side effects and dangers of prescription drugs which seemed to be popping up more in on TV. PCOS sufferers are no different. From vitamins, minerals and supplements to herbs, acupuncture and more recently reflexology, these homeopathic remedies for PCOS are quickly increasing in popularity. I have spent endless hours researching various natural pcos treatment programs available both online and offline and have tried just about every one there is. These are the 2 that gave me the best results: